W&S provides legal assistance to its clients in the following areas:
(*) Platform of artificial intelligence LegalTech®
Mergers & Acquisitions
Intellectual Property *
Litigation & Arbitration
Oil, Gas & Energy
Our team provides a comprehensive solution to the following industries and sectors:
Oil & Gas
• Renewable energies
We have participated in several of the most successful upstream, midstream and downstream projects over the last 30 years, such as:
- 1) Represented a British oil services company in the incorporation of their Mexican subsidiary, elaboration of its tax planning structure, corporate and immigration issues and the negotiation of a services contract with a major offshore oil and gas company.
- 2) Represented a Mexican Joint Venture in the acquisition of an onshore upstream interest in a block in Mexico. This representation included the due diligence of the local facilities and entities, drafting and negotiation as local counsel of the purchase agreement (SPA), as well as the JOA and the implementation of required contracts and closing documents, complying with regulations, permits and authorizations in Mexico.
- 3) Advised a Colombian oil services company with the incorporation of their subsidiary in Mexico, and the negotiation of the services contract with PEMEX.
- 4) Represented a Russian oil company during the bidding process organized by the Mexican National Hydrocarbons Commission (Rounds 1 and 2) for the acquisition of exploration and production assets in the shadow and deepwater of the Gulf of Mexico. The representation included advising during the bidding process and the revision of the Bidding Guidelines, PSA Contract, Licence Agreement, JSBA and JOA among others.
- 5) Advised a leading Japanese multinational automaker with the legal process regulating the construction and permits for a sub-station fuel pump, energy compliance program, as well as with a power generation project for auto-consumption in Guanajuato State, Mexico.
- 6) Advised a Mexican railway company in the development and implementation of the transfer and storage of gasoline, diesel and gas (LPG) in Nuevo Leon State, Mexico.
- 7) Represented several US petroleum services companies in the incorporation of their subsidiaries in Mexico, including the corporate and tax advice and the execution of their services contracts with offshore private operators.
- 8) Represented an Argentinian energy company in the acquisition of several E&P assets and country entry strategies in Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago and Venezuela, and advised regarding its pipeline and infrastructure projects. The representation included a tax planning structure involving Austria, Spain and Cayman Islands jurisdictions laws.
- 9) Represented a Brazilian oil and gas company in its daily operations in Ecuador, as well as in the negotiation of Farm-out Agreements and Joint Operating Agreements with a Chinese national oil company for the development of two upstream blocks in Ecuador.
- 10) Represented a leading Japanese energy company in the negotiation, drafting and execution of contracts to regulate the migration process of Operating Services Agreements to Joint Venture Companies (Mixed Enterprises) with PDVSA in Venezuela; in its participation in the bidding procedure for the awarding of onshore natural gas licenses in the Bidding Procedure, the obtaining of the license and subsequent permits; and provided legal advice in the cross-border M&A transactions in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Suriname to acquire upstream, midstream and downstream assets.
- 11) Represented a Canadian energy-consulting firm with the incorporation of its Mexican subsidiary in Mexico, the corporate and tax advice and the negotiation, drafting and implementation of services agreements with private operators.
- 12) Represented a Chinese national company in the structuring, drafting and negotiating of an Engineering Procurement and Construction Agreement (EPC) for the construction of a chemical plant in Veracruz, Mexico. This representation involved corporate advice for the incorporation of the branch of the company in Mexico.
- 13) Advised a Mexican Oil Company in the evaluation, analysis and due diligence process for the acquisition of an upstream block in Mexico and in the negotiation of the offer and the agreement with a Canadian entity.
- 14) Represented a Russian Consortium in the negotiation, drafting, translation and implementation of the Orinoco Basin project for the Association Agreement with the Venezuelan National Oil Company – Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA) for the establishment of an extra heavy crude oil project, which included production of extra heavy crude oil and upgrading facilities. The representation also involved the implementation of local guarantees, negotiation, drafting and implementation of EPC Agreements for construction of the facilities, utilities contracts and others necessary legal documents for the successful development of the projects.
- 15) Advised and represented a major Ecuadorian petroleum services company in several projects related to integrated well-testing, early production facilities and hydraulic pump systems contracts in Argentina, Guyana and Mexico.
- 16) Advised a Mexican Energy Company in the corporate and financial restructuring of the Company, and in the analysis of farm-out agreements with PEMEX in Mexico.